We'll it's been a heck of a week for us in the Laidlaw house. Last Friday I went for a check up and the nurse did a Doppler test on the belly so I could hear the heartbeat! Wow, what a moment it was, there may have been some tears. Yesterday marked the calendar with 16 weeks along in the pregnancy and I still feel GREAT!! We also went in today for another check up and ultra sound where the tech took pictures of EVERY single thing! We saw 10 fingers and 10 toes, two eyes, a nose, a mouth, bones, all four chambers of the heart, the brain, BUT no penis! The tech and the doctor are pretty certain it's a girl but we have some testing coming back in a few weeks that will determine it for sure. Blake's first reaction, "are you sure, can you double check it? maybe it's just too small to see." The pressure has been on from all sides of the family for a boy, but maybe in the next round. We're floating around with a few names so we'll keep you posted when we decide for sure. - November 14
Update: Embracing the idea of a baby girl, Blake and I went out over the weekend to check out girly things... I am trying to refrain from pink... it's a bit harder than I thought. While at Babies R Us we checked out furniture and all the other "essentials" according to the store. Once we went through almost every isle, we found ourselves amongst the clothing section where we found a Seahawks cheerleading outfit. Of course when Blake saw it, he had to have it! And there it was the moment we both embraced our baby girl!!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i think you should name her Jamie. that way, just in case it turns out the techs are wrong and she IS a boy, you don't have to come up with a new name at the last minute. Jamie: it swings both ways!
Post a Comment