Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Proud Mommy!

Today I took both the kids for checkups, first up, Mackenzie for her 15 month appointment. Although the doctor always gives her a five star check up, I was especially proud today. When asked how her vocabulary was and how many words she knew, I said, "Geez, too many to count!" Doc says, well, 10? ... um YES! 20? Definitely 20! 30? Yes! 50? I'd say 50 is a good number. "WOW!! I was looking for 3 or so, but 50! Great job Mackenzie!" Beaming with pride the doctor then asked Mackenzie to show her the book, Kenz did. Then asked her where her nose was, Kenz showed her. How about your shoes, Kenz did, and proceeded to say, "Tinky!" Which is how she says 'stinky'... because our girl, thank you Daddy, thinks she has stinky feet! Again she got high scores on her comprehension level! The stats: 24.8 lbs and 32 in long! I wonder if she knew she was about to get 3 shots in this picture! Next up, Hudson. Our fur child Hud recently came down with epilepsy. It has been very trying time for both Blake and I. He was initially put on medication and after having his seizures increased after a few weeks, our vet, who we LOVE, has upped the dose, again. So now we are in week 2 of the higher dose and so far, no seizures. Thank goodness! Our hearts hurt seeing our little boy anxious and we hope that he soon will get back to normal. Cross your fingers!

On a happy note, we are doing pizza outing number 9 this weekend to celebrate my birthday!! YUMM-O!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you have a birthday coming up...cheers!! LOVED the story about the "tinky" feet...funny! Nice talking to the other night!